For the first time, the Hollywood Beauty Awards hosted the DAYTIME BEAUTY AWARDS, honoring ‘science in beauty’ on Friday, September 14th, 2018 at the Avalon Hollywood.
Hosted by K-EARTH 101’s radio personality, Lisa Stanley, the show benefitted Helen Woodward Animal Center.
Created by Michele Elyzabeth, the Daytime HBAs recognized professionals in medicine, dentistry, cannabis, beauty brands, nail styling, coloring, spa services and more.
2018 HONOREES Highlights:
- Industry leader and philanthropist, Greg Renker of Guthy Renker presented BRAND OF THE YEAR to Cindy Crawford for Meaningful Beauty.
- Actress Meagan Good presented THE INNOVATION AWARD to Dr. Jason Champagne.
- Tommy Chong of “Cheech & Chong” and actress Tara Reid presented THE SLEEPING BEAUTY AWARD to BEBOE’s founders Scott Campbell and Clement Kwan. Campbell and Beboe’s Kiana Anvaripour accepted.
- Dr. George Sanders presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN FACIAL AESTHETICS to Nurse Practitioner Karen House.
- Actor and singer/songwriter James Maslow presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DENTISTRY to Dr. Bill Dorfman.
- Dr. Paul Nassif of E!’s “Botched” presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MEDICINE to Merz.
- Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard received OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN HEALTH & FITNESS.
- Shawn King presented the Excellence in Spa Services nominees, while Actress Meagan Tandy and Nails Magazine’s Executive Editor Beth Livesay presented Excellence in Nail Styling. Claude Baruk co-presented Excellence in Coloring with Lisa Stanley.
In the nominee categories, the winners are:
EXCELLENCE IN NAIL STYLING
- Gina Edwards
- Jenna Hipp
- Yoko Sakakura – WINNER
EXCELLENCE IN COLORING
- Denis De Souza – WINNER
- Dianne Degnan
- Kim Vo
EXCELLENCE IN SPA SERVICES
- Beverly Hot Springs
- Sunset Marquis Spa
- Tomoko Spa – received by Tomoko Kurono – WINNER
The DAYTIME HBAs are co-produced by Executive Producer, Pamela Price and Otis Stokes. The show was directed by Tirelle Johnson with editing by Bryan Wyatt and Stage Manager Production lead by Veda Carey.