The Daytime Beauty Awards honor Science behind Beauty, recognizing professionals in health & wellness: Dentistry, Medicine, Health & Fitness, Aesthetics, Skincare, Color & Styling, a CBD/Cannabis line, Beauty Innovation and more.
2021 DAYTIME BEAUTY AWARDS
The 3rd annual Daytime Beauty Awards, founded by CEO Michele Elyzabeth, took place today, Sunday, September 12 at the Taglyan Complex in Los Angeles. The award show recognizes science behind beauty and spotlights health and wellness professionals in the fields of dentistry, medicine, health and fitness, aesthetics, skincare, color and styling, cannabis, beauty innovation and more. OmegaXL by Great HealthWorks served as the event’s title sponsor.
The award statuette, better known as the ‘Holly,’ was designed by Christopher Guy.
Danielle Lauder, actress, entrepreneur and the great-granddaughter of Estée Lauder, officiated as the Ambassador for this year’s Daytime Beauty Awards.
The 2021 presenters included: Jonathan Berlent, Tommy Chong, Regina Hall, Richard Halpern as Austin Powers, Chelsea Harris, Cheryl Hines, Karen & William Lauder, Kurt Rambis, Cesar Deleon Ramirez, Ogema Larry Romanelli, Melissa Rue, Halston Sage, Jordin Sparks, Kitty-Blu & Billy Appleton, and Dr. Jeffrey Tucker.
This year’s event featured a silent auction and cocktails followed by a luncheon and the award ceremony. The Daytime Beauty Awards benefits Helen Woodward Animal Center for their efforts 24/7, 365 days a year rescuing animals of all kinds from natural disasters, providing healthcare and forever homes.
2021 HONOREE Highlights:
Dr. Moncef Slaoui, former Chief Scientist for the U.S. government’s Covid vaccine development effort (Special Tribute Award)
Chris Appleton (Outstanding Achievement in Fitness)
Gary Archer (Outstanding Achievement in Dentistry)
Dr. Stafford Broumand (Outstanding Achievement in Aesthetics)
Dr. Andrew Caster (Outstanding Achievement in Medicine)
Tracey Cunningham (Outstanding Achievement in Color and Styling)
Michaeline DeJoria for John Paul Mitchell Systems (Brand of the Year)
Nancy Duitch and Nicole Kidman for Sera Labs (The Breakthrough Award)
Gary Trudell for Custom Comfort Mattress (The Sleeping Beauty Award)
Rea Ann Silva for Beautyblender (Tool of the Year)
Erica Skynn for Derm7 (The Innovation Award)
Paula Abdul (Outstanding Achievement in Health)
Imelda Walavalkar & Tracy Anderson (The Zen Award for Pure Beauty)
2019 DAYTIME BEAUTY AWARDS
The stars shined on the red carpet and on stage at the 2019 Daytime Beauty Awards, celebrating science behind beauty, health and wellness on Friday, September 20th, 2019 at the Taglyan in Los Angeles. Founded by Michele Elyzabeth and executive produced by Pamela Price and Otis Stokes, the DBAs are the sister show to the Hollywood Beauty Awards.
Puppy corres-PAW- ndent, Holly Woof reported live from the red carpet for Helen Woodward Animal Center.
2019 HONOREE Highlights:
Hästens – The Sleeping Beauty Award
Oxygenetix – Brand of the Year
Christopher Guy – Special Tribute Award
2018 DAYTIME BEAUTY AWARDS
For the first time, the Hollywood Beauty Awards hosted the DAYTIME BEAUTY AWARDS, honoring ‘science in beauty’ on Friday, September 14th, 2018 at the Avalon Hollywood. Hosted by K-EARTH 101’s radio personality, Lisa Stanley, the show benefitted Helen Woodward Animal Center.
2018 HONOREE Highlights:
- Industry leader and philanthropist, Greg Renker of Guthy Renker presented BRAND OF THE YEAR to Cindy Crawford for Meaningful Beauty.
- Actress Meagan Good presented THE INNOVATION AWARD to Dr. Jason Champagne.
- Tommy Chong of “Cheech & Chong” and actress Tara Reid presented THE SLEEPING BEAUTY AWARD to BEBOE’s founders Scott Campbell and Clement Kwan. Campbell and Beboe’s Kiana Anvaripour accepted.
- Dr. George Sanders presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN FACIAL AESTHETICS to Nurse Practitioner Karen House.
- Actor and singer/songwriter James Maslow presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DENTISTRY to Dr. Bill Dorfman.
- Dr. Paul Nassif of E!’s “Botched” presented OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MEDICINE to Merz.
- Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard received OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN HEALTH & FITNESS.
- Shawn King presented the Excellence in Spa Services nominees, while Actress Meagan Tandy and Nails Magazine’s Executive Editor Beth Livesay presented Excellence in Nail Styling. Claude Baruk co-presented Excellence in Coloring with Lisa Stanley.
For Award Photos CLICK HERE
In the nominee categories, the winners are:
EXCELLENCE IN NAIL STYLING
- Gina Edwards
- Jenna Hipp
- Yoko Sakakura – WINNER
EXCELLENCE IN COLORING
- Denis De Souza – WINNER
- Dianne Degnan
- Kim Vo
EXCELLENCE IN SPA SERVICES
- Beverly Hot Springs
- Sunset Marquis Spa
- Tomoko Spa – received by Tomoko Kurono – WINNER
The Daytime Beauty Awards are produced by founder Michele Elyzabeth and co-produced by Executive Producers, Pamela Price and Otis Stokes, who also serves as Music Producer